Today is America Recycles day! Pictured to the right (an offering by Subu) is only one of the many offerings that BEST has made from recycled materials!
The EPA has some simple suggestions on how everyone can make a difference!
1. Buy recycled products. When we buy recycled products, we create an economic incentive for recyclable materials to be collected, manufactured, and marketed as new products.
2. Purchase durable, long lasting goods.
3. Re-use items by repairing them, donating them to charity and community groups, or selling them also reduces waste.
4. Use a product more than once, either for the same purpose or for a different purpose. Reusing, when possible, is preferable to recycling because the item does not need to be reprocessed before it can be used again.
5. Reduce your packaging: buy bulk or concentrated products when you can.
6. Another form of recycling is composting. Composting is the controlled biological decomposition of organic matter, such as food and yard wastes, into humus, a soil-like material. Composting is nature's way of recycling organic wastes into new soil used in vegetable and flower gardens, landscaping, and many other applications.