Is your business like this? Half organized, half in knots?
So over the next several weeks, I'll be giving quick tips in my regular posts to help you get organized in your business! Today we'll start off with 2 tips to get organized which really are the two I personally dread the most.
Getting Organized Tip #1: Organize Your Email!
- If you've been wanting to switch your email provider (yahoo, hotmail, gmail) then now is the time to set up your new email but don't forget to transfer things over from the old (after you've cleaned it up).
- If you don't currently use folders but you like to keep emails with important information for later use, set up those folders!
- Delete old unwanted emails (I'll have to admit, I hate deleting things, I'm an email hoarder with thousands of emails in my inbox so this will take some time!)
- Set up your contacts list, you could even organize your contacts into groups like family, friends, business contacts etc...
- Is it time to change your password? It's a good thing to change your email password occasionally.
Getting Organized Tip #2: Check your Inventory and Shop Listings
I do this about every 4-5 months and I always find that something isn't priced correctly or I missed something in the description of a book. I also always find at least one book sitting on my "ready to ship" shelf, that isn't even listed!
- Go through each listing in your shop and check description, price, shipping and photos. If something needs changed, change it.
- Go through the books you have made. Are they all listed? If not, list them!
- What books would you like to add to your inventory? Create a list of possible items to add to your shop.
- Check Expired Listings for those that may need to be relisted.
- Check Inactive Listings to make sure none were lost while editing.